Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2020
– Supported by HKBU Department of Journalism –
The European Commission’s Lorenzo Natali Media Prize rewards journalists who bring stories on sustainable development – whether political, social, financial or environmental – to light. The Prize gathers a community of winners, jury members and partners who are committed to tackling the global challenges of peace and security, climate change, migration and inequalities.
- 2020 CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
The 2020 Lorenzo Natali Media Prize will be awarded in three categories:
- Grand Prize: reporting published by a media based in one of the European Union’s partner countries on development and cooperation.
- Europe Prize: reporting published by a media based in the European Union*.
- Best Emerging Journalist Prize: open to journalists under 30 whose reporting was published by a media based in the European Union* or in one of its partner countries on development and cooperation.
The full list of eligible countries can be found here.
*In 2020, entries published in a UK-based outlet are eligible if published between 10 March 2019 and 31 January 2020.
The winner of each category will receive €10,000. The winner of the Best Emerging Journalist Prize category will also be offered a work experience with a media partner.
The 3 winners will be announced at the 2020 European Development Days in Brussels this June.
- FURTHER INFORMATION
Please visit https://ec.europa.eu/international-partnerships/lnp_en for more details.